MEMORANDUM FOR NMSZ (New Madrid Seismic Zone) Conference
SUBJECT: 2018 JROTC Conference Rifle Match
1.Coach: Your rifle team is invited to compete in the annual NMSZ Three Position Air Rifle Championship.
2.Registration: All competitors must be registered via e-mail to email@example.com.JROTC Conference Rifle Match to be held at Dyer County High School Armory on 3-4 November 2018.
3.Range: The Armory is located at 300 State Route 77 in Newbern, TN. Twenty Lanes using the ORION scoring system.
- 4.Arrival/End Time: We will be open at Friday night 1600-2000 3 November and Saturday 1000-1600 4 October for the competition. You will select the time for your school on a first come basis. Once you have fired, you are free to head home. Awards will be mailed to the recipients.
- 5.Briefing: A safety/match briefing will be held for all participants at 15 min before scheduled match time in the drill hall on the firing line.
6.Uniform: The uniform for this event is ACU’s or civilian clothes. Shooters may not wear boots and may not shoot barefoot or in socks. Shoes must be a matched pair and conform to the standards outlined in the National Standard Three-Position Air Rifle Rules, 2016-2018 edition.
- 7.Course of Fire: Each school can field a four-member A team and a four-member B team plus individuals as space allows. Team Commanders will register for firing order and lane assignments. Each firing order will consist of a 4 shooter A&B teams firing a 3X10 course of fire. The competition will be conducted in accordance with The National Three Position Air Rifle Rules, 2016-2018 edition and will consist of three events: Prone, Standing, and Kneeling. Individual medals will be awarded the top three shooters on A teams and B teams for Prone, Standing, Kneeling and Overall Scores. Team awards will be given for the top three A team and B team total scores. Shooters from schools with an incomplete B team will still have the opportunity to win individual awards.
6. Scoring: Targets will be scored using the Orion Scoring System. please submit a list of your shooters by tuesday, 30 october to give us time to enter them in the orion system. After the completion of firing, teams may begin to pack their gear and load it on their buses while the scorers finish the last firing order’s targets and record the scores for the coaches. Each team’s targets will be mailed to their team Commanders.
7. Additional Information: The entry fee for this event is $100.00 dollars. Please make checks payable to DCHS. Lunch will be by team based on the shooting schedule. There is a Pizza Pro, McDonald’s, Sonic, and several convenience stores within a half mile radius of the Newbern Armory.
8. Contact: The POC for this event is the undersigned at 731-627-3291, 731-336-3254 or
JAMES A. LACY
LTC (RET), EN, JROTC
Senior Army Instructor
Dyer County High School
FY 2018 – 2019
|24-28 SEP||1-5 OCT||8-12 OCT||KEY|
|15-19 OCT||22-26 OCT||29-31 OCT||RHS||RIPLEY|
Date: 2-3 Nov 18
Conference Rifle Match at DCHS
The second school listed is the host and is encouraged to provide medals/awards. Exact Date and/or site changes should be coordinated between SAI/AI’s. If transportation is not possible due to budget or distance, a postal or Orion match should be fired and targets/score sheets sent to the host school. Postal matches are on the honor system. ALL MATCHES WILL BE CONDUCTED PER THE NATIONAL THREE POSITION AIR RIFLE RULES. POC for DCHS is LTC Tony Lacy. Phone numbers are 731-627-3291(office) or 731-336-3254 (cell). E-mail is firstname.lastname@example.org.
DCHS JROTC Armory address is 300 W State Route 77 Newbern, TN 38059.
|Dickson County (A)||509 Henslee, Dickson, TN 37055||615-446-9033 x71425|
|1SG Randy Powersemail@example.com|
|Dyer County (A)||300 W State Route 77 Newbern, TN 38059||LTC James A. Lacyfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|SFC Nickey Cantrellemail@example.com|
|Fredricktown (A)||805 East Hwy 72 Fredericktown, MO 63645||John Francis|
|1SG Brian Coferfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Graves County (A)||1220 Eagles Way, Mayfield, Ky 42066||LTC Jason Caldwellemail@example.com|
|Poplar Bluff (A)||1300 Victory Lane Poplar Bluff, MO 33901||MAJ Crites||573-785-6471|
|CSM Marc Roderick||573-225-9366|
|Ripley (A)||254 Jefferson St. Ripley, TN 38063||CPT Warren Cookfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|SFC Kenneth Turneremail@example.com|
|Rivercrest (A)||1700 West State Hwy 14, Wilson, AR 72395|
|Paragould (A)||1701 W Court St, Paragould, AR, 72450||Tim Normanfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Marked Tree (A)||406 St Francis St, Marked Tree, Ar 72365|
|Trumann (A)||221 N. Pine Ave, Trumann, Ar email@example.com|
|MSG Tony Davisfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Hickman County (A)||1645 Bulldog Blvd, Centerville, Tn email@example.com|
|Creek Wood (A)||3499 Hwy 47N, Charlotte, Tn 37036|
|Fairview (A)||2595 Fairview Blvd, Fairview, Tn 37062|
|Haywood (AF)||1175 East College, Brownsville,Tn 38012||MAJ Delois Dailey|
|MSGT Mark Parker|
|North Side (AF)||3066 North Highland, Jackson, Tn 38305|
|Liberty Technology Magnet (AF)||3470 Ridgecrest Road Extended-Field House, Jackson, Tn 38305||Wallace Littrellfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Lexington (AF)||284 White St, Lexington, Tn 38351||Kenneth Sullivanemail@example.com|
|Farmington (AF)||1 Black Knight Drive, Farmington, MO 63640||COL Randall Sparks||573-701-1310 Ext firstname.lastname@example.org|
|SMSgt Ernie Heflinemail@example.com|
|South Side (N)||84 Harts Bridge Rd, Jackson, Tn 38301||CDR D.J. Connerfirstname.lastname@example.org|