Continuous improvements to
Help all students, by the time of graduation, become
Self-directed life-long learners.
The Belief Statements of DCHS:
- Providing a curriculum which enhances and encourages all students’ abilities, including “hands-on” activities that will foster the acquisition of marketable skills and a lifelong love of learning.
- Providing instruction that encourages both critical and creative thinking that will help prepare students for successful lives and careers.
- Providing assessments that are measurable and inclusive of higher-order/critical thinking skills.
- Encouraging student, parental, faculty, and community involvement in decision making and shared responsibility for the education of all students.
- Providing a school policy that is reasonable, impartial, and correlates with local, state, and federal mandates.
Welcome to the 2015-2016 school year at Dyer County High School. We are pleased to have more than 1,100 students registered with us this year. We have one the best staffs in the state waiting to help you and educate you. We are proud to offer the very best in academics, and are proud to support all of our clubs, organizations, and athletic teams. Our dedicated staff is here to strongly promote our mission statement and beliefs and want what is truly best for each of our students.
Please feel free to visit our campus, and if you are interested in more information about our school and enrollment procedures, please visit "Parent Info" located on our site.
Laura Brimm, Principal
Dyer County High School
Dyer County High School enjoyed a very successful 2014-2015 school year in academics, athletics, and in our clubs and organizations. The Choctaws once again dominated in the class room. On every State mandated test the students at DCHS scored well above the state average. Ranking in the Top 10 Statewide in several different teasting categories.
In athletics, the Choctaws had historic success from multiple programs. Cheerleading won both State and National titles, Basketball, Baseball, Golf, Track and Cross Country all had athletes compete in the State Meets for their respective sports. It truly was an excellent year.
Our clubs and organizations continued to grow and shine, with many setting record participation numbers. Many competed and placed at their statewide conventions. All of them served the student body and community to help make Dyer County a better place.
DCHS is a truly special place and we are looking forward to an even better 2015-2016 school and to continue building our Choctaw Tradition!